Friday, May 22, 2015

Baby Showers and a Full Little House

We have had two AMAZING baby showers so far, one at Jim's parent's church and one at our church.

Jim's mom and one of our friends planned the first one at his parent's church and it was ADORABLE! It was firefighter themed and absolutely precious! They even made up names that matched the firefighter theme for all the food and everything was just so perfectly pulled together. The only game we played (thank goodness, I am not a fan of baby shower games) was having the guests guess how big around my stomach was using yarn. My mom and Jim's grandma were both SUPER close, but his Grandma was basically dead on it! Jim's mom made the cake and it was absolutely adorable. She ordered the fondant pieces for the top and made the delicious cake herself. Jim kept picking up the fondant baby and acting like he was going to eat it, to which I kept having to yell, "Don't eat the baby!"...a sentence I never thought I would have to say.




The second shower we've had was at our church...which started out as my church, where my daddy has been the pastor since 1997. It's the church where we got married, so the fellowship hall is where our wedding shower, wedding reception, and now baby shower were all held. To say that church and my church family is special to me is an understatement. A sweet friend made the cake and it brought me to tears (which isn't as hard as it used to be, but still impressive). The shower was absolutely precious and the tables were all decorated with baby toys. There was so much love in the room and the infamous make-you-cry-with-her-prayers Miss Luci said the blessing at the start of the shower. Let me tell you, that lady could make a stone have feelings. So of course we all had tears in our eyes as she thanked God for allowing her to watch me grow up, fall in love, and now carry this precious life within me...that kind of prayer. Yeah, her praying privileges have been revoked.




After both of these showers our house is so full, it looks like Buy Buy Baby exploded...which I LOVE. It shows just how loved and adored this baby boy is going to be. He has so many people who love him and are praying for him already, and it makes me one very happy mama. The day after each shower, I went through and organized everything, an exhausting but surprisingly fun project. So now we have baskets full of bath stuff, feeding gadgets, medicines, toys, blankets, and diapers and wipes. His stuff has taken over not only his soon-to-be nursery, but also the dining room and living room as well...but at least it's organized ;) I've gotten his clothes all folded in his drawers and some are hanging in his closet, which is so adorable. I just want to stare at his little clothes all day!

Now all we need to do in order to get our house finished up and ready for him is paint his nursery and get all of his furniture set up. Easier said than done, apparently. Luckily we have amazing parents and family near us that have already offered to come paint and assemble furniture whenever we need them...and trust me, their help will be enlisted.

And we still have two more showers to go! The next one is one June 6th, which just so happens to be my 25th birthday. I couldn't imagine a better party! It's being thrown by my best friend and her husband, and it's going to be a cookout couples' shower. The invitations are ridiculously cute and I am way too excited to see what else they have planned! It's, thankfully, a diapers and wipes shower, so we're hoping to get TONS of the necessities! The last shower is our family shower, hosted by my awesome party planning aunts, adorably awesome Maw Maw (my grandma), and my sweet sister in law. Those ladies know how to put on a incredible shindig and I am so excited to be surrounded by our incredible, crazy, and loving families.    

It's so exciting for me to just look at all of his stuff. I can just imagine giving him baths in all the baby wash we have gotten. Changing him out of all those diapers. Watching him play with and explore all those toys. Cuddling him under those homemade blankets, while he's wearing those sweet little clothes. It brings tears to my eyes just to picture life with our little man. I know life won't always be peaceful like a Huggie's commercial, but I look forward to the chaos this little man will bring into our lives. We are going to be embarking on the greatest, scariest journey of our lives in a couple short months when this little man is born.

As I look around our cluttered little house, full to the brim with baby boy stuff, I can't help but picture how chaotic, loud, smelly, dirty, beautiful, wonderful, sweet, and full of love this little man is going to make life for us.

And I couldn't be any more excited.

XOXO,
Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment