Thursday, July 9, 2015

Baby DROPPPING

Baby boy has dropped, and it has become obvious to not only me, but everyone else as well. At first I thought maybe I was just imagining it or being whiny, but now people that see me regularly are starting to comment that he's dropped, being tipped off by the fact that my belly went from being way up high to basically sitting on my lap. That, paired with my "gangster walk" as Jim so affectionately calls it, tells everyone that baby boy is getting ready.

Which is totally cool with me because I am in the miserable stage of pregnancy. My left hip is always in pain. Whether I'm sitting, standing, laying down, or walking. It just always hurts. So during the night it's hard to sleep because if I lay on my left side it's excruciating, but when I lay on my right side for longer than about an hour, I wake up to that hip hurting. So I end up just laying on my left side for as long as I can stand it just to give my right side a rest and then I gracefully and swiftly (haha) roll back over to my right side. I try not to complain too much about the pain, because I know the end is in sight and baby boy is more than worth all of this pain, but it just sucks. 

I can't seem to fall asleep easily because of the pain and my mind going about 1000 mph about all the cleaning I still want to do around the house before he's born. So, I toss and turn and make my game plan for the next day and just try to go back to sleep after every time I wake up to go to the bathroom.

Heartburn has also plagued my life this week, I think baby boy must be kicking my stomach or something, because it was rough earlier this week. One day for breakfast I had toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk and for the rest of the morning I had KILLER heartburn. I tell you, it's weird, because Friday night at dinner with my parents I was literally eating this delicious homemade hot barbecue sauce with a spoon because it was so good...and no heartburn came from that. But bread, peanut butter, and milk gave me the worst heartburn I've ever had? The human body makes absolutely no sense to me right now. ;)

Probably the most difficult part for me, though, is not knowing when he will be born. Like I've said before, I am a planner and I like to have a set schedule. It makes me nervous to have literally no clue when I'm going to go into labor. I go back to the doctor tomorrow for my 38 week appointment, so hopefully she can make at least an educated guess as to how much longer it will be, judging from if I'm dilated any and how thinned out my cervix is. It's just a waiting game now, and I am NOT patient at all, so I'm just cleaning and trying to distract myself with trips to the pool. Swimming does wonders for my hip pain, it's so cool to just be weightless for a little while. It's an incredible feeling and I wish I could just live in the water until little boy's born.

Only 11 days until my due date.
We are so close to meeting our little man.
It's going to be the longest time of my life, waiting for him, but it's going to be so worth it.
All of this pain and discomfort and tiredness is going to be more than worth it when I finally get to hold him in my arms.
I just have to keep reminding myself of all of that.

XOXO,
Courtney 

No comments:

Post a Comment