Monday, July 20, 2015

Due Date Letter To My Son

      Hey there baby boy!

So, today is your "due date", and I put that in quotes because we have no clue when you'll actually come bursting into our lives. You can come anytime you want to, though, we are as ready as we can be for you! Of course, we're scared out of our minds. We're nervous. We don't want to screw you up too badly. But we are way beyond excited to meet you more than any other emotion. Your nursery is finished, your car seat is installed, your diaper bag is packed, and our hospital bags are all ready. So whenever you feel like you've been cooking long enough, come on out, your dad and I can't wait to see your sweet face!

I can't believe the day I've been counting down to is finally here. I've been looking forward to today since I took that home pregnancy test on November 18. I've been dreaming of you and praying for you. I've been reading you Bible stories before bed every night. I've cried over how nervous I am about what kind of job your dad and I are going to do raising you. I've had so many sleepless nights wondering how our lives are going to change when you get here. 
 Your dad and I love you so much more than we ever knew was possible and no matter what color your eyes are, how much hair you have, or how much you weigh when you're born, I know you are going to be the most flawless and perfect baby I have ever seen. 

Because you're our son.

You are the perfect blend of your dad and I. A scary thought sometimes, because we aren't perfect people by any means...but I know God has knit you together in the most extraordinary way and I cannot wait to see what he's been working on in you.

Now let me tell you just a little bit about YOU. You love Taylor Swift, especially the "Bad Blood" remix, you bounce all over when that song plays. You also love "God Gave Me You", which I love, because it's mine and your dad's song. You have really sharp heels that you just love sticking into my rib cage when you stretch out. You love anything spicy, if I even think about hot sauce you start bouncing all over the place! You love to snuggle up to Grandma's hand when she puts it on my belly, and you did the same to your Aunt Ree the other day (you already know just who to wrap around that tiny little finger). You also love to kick at your dad, which I find hilarious. And anytime he is in the room, you tend to knot up over on the side that he is on. You love your dad so much and he adores you, so I know you two will be best buddies! 

You are already loved so deeply by so many people. You have no idea how many people are anxiously waiting for you to be born. You will always be surrounded by love and support, no matter what you go through in this life. I know the thought of coming into this big old world has got to be scary, but you have your dad and I to protect you. Your Heavenly Father is trusting us with you, and we'll teach you all about Him, too. He will always be with you, even when your dad and I can't be. Just remember that we will always love you. No matter what you do or where you go in this life, we will always love you and support you. 

Whenever you're ready, baby boy...your dad and I can't wait to finally meet you.

I love you to the moon and back fifty million times,
Your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment